Friday, February 28, 2014

Project #2

 The bake sell is tomorrow! It's been busy the last few days and tomorrow will be too.  We are having the event at a park by Nicole's house, from 11am to 5pm.  Last week, we created a Facebook event to get the word out, and so far a hundred  people have said they were coming. Call me hopeful, but I think people will show.


 Thursday Nicole and I went to the store and got ingredients for our baked goods and all the paper plates and soda.  Then we made posters for the event. One for prices, one with pictures of the children and two to put up around the neighborhood. We misspelled "Donado" the first time, so we had to fix it, but otherwise things went well. Our tagline has been "Donando una Sonrisa" or "Donate a Smile"
 



Today, the teens at the orphanage made alfahores, cookies, and apple pie to sell. I will post pictures on Saturday. Some of the older girls are going to be stopping by during the event with the one of the Tio's, and that will be a fun treat for them since they don't get out very much.
 
I have to get back to baking, but I thought I should update the blog on the event. I am excited for tomorrow, I have my fingers crossed that people will come and buy some treats and handcrafted goods and that we can get school supplies for the kids. They deserve it!

If you are in the area, please come! I can promise yummy food and colorful Peruvian souvenirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment