Friday, March 6, 2015

Traveling to Peru: An Introduction

I have had many opportunities to travel with my family, and in 2013 after graduating from high school, I had the chance to move with my family to Lima Peru. I spent a year there, from July 2013-June 2014, and had the opportunity to go back for a month in December 2014.



Peru holds a special place in my heart; I spent two years living there when I was ten and going back almost a decade later was remarkable. Through my experiences in that beautiful country, I have grown, and  have learned a lot about cultures, and humanity that so many others do not have the chance to experience. I have truly been blessed in my life, and in my travels.

My favorite thing about Peru is the children and the opportunity I have had to volunteer, but a close second would be touring Peru and learning about the culture. Even within the Peruvian culture many differences are expressed in different areas, each is in its own way unique and each offers its own experience.

 I have written a series of blog post about traveling in Peru based on my own life experiences. I'm no expert at traveling, but after living in Peru for three years, I have come up with a few tips designed to help first time travelers as they make their way through this beautiful country.

No comments:

Post a Comment